Monday, February 21, 2011

Photography- Growing Outlook

My eyes are like two paintbrushes that OBSERVE and CAPTURE images of the world around me. All too often, I wish I had a camera with me to take pictures of what I see; to PRESERVE a moment, feeling and CREATE memories.

I have taken the INITIATIVE to always carry my trusty Canon PowerShot SD 900 to start PRACTICING and learning. My confidence as a photographer, is a work in progress,  because I am continuously LEARNING how to focus on and translate the image I see with my EYES in a photo. Determined, daily I learn how to play with NATURAL light, movement, lenses and focus... practice 'makes perfect.'

Nevertheless, I enjoy and admire the work of various photographers. From Avedon to Salgado, the spectrum of work and genres that I appreciate are endless. Photography, to me, is a form of expression that TELL stories, make STATEMENTS or invoke emotions that are PRICELESS moments in TIME.


"In photography there are no shadows that cannot be illuminated" by August Sander



For a few years, I have been following the journey of photography EVOLVE both in studios and on the streets. Everyone, with the development of digital camera and media, in their own ways, are now able to grow from taking leisurely pictures of friends to CREATING distinct artistic works of SELF-EXPRESSION.

It is EXCITING to see a GROWING OUTLOOK on photography.

Please read about Julie Rouzier and Frederic Dupoux in the following posts.


With Love,

Minou

No comments:

Post a Comment