Thursday, March 20, 2014

Natural Healthy New Start for 2014...

A lot of people are wondering whether they should juice, or blend. My answer is both! Here’s why:
Juicing
When you juice, the pulp is separated from whole fruit or vegetable. So it gives you all of the nutrients of the fruits and vegetables, but without the fiber. This makes it easier for the nutrients to get into your blood stream and throughout your body. It nourishes, strengthens, cleanses and purifies the blood and lymph system. A famous nutritionist, Dr. Schulze, even says its like a blood transfusion! Since there is no fiber, the juice is easily and quickly digested. Also, juicing is an efficient way to get a large amount of fruits in vegetables. Like my beet juice for instance. I juice 1 beet, 3 stalks of celery, 3 carrots, 1 apple, and some ginger. I would never be able to actually eat all of that at once!!! Or even want to. So instead, juicing provides an easy way for me to do so. 
The only thing with juicing is that you have to make sure you don’t blend too many fruits without enough vegetables. This can cause sugar spikes due to the high concentration of fruits (healthy, natural sugars can still be bad if its too much–dizziness, energy loss, etc). So also juice your fruits with veggies!
Blending
So I know what you’re thinking, isn’t fiber good for you? Yes! Very! And you need it. So that is why you should blend as well. You get all that good fiber in the green smoothies! Blending uses the entire fruit as opposed to just the water. This makes smoothies a good meal replacement. Many times I’ll only have smoothies for breakfast. The fiber helps to slowly digest the nutrients into your blood stream. This then prepares your body to eat heavy meals later on in the day. They are also very filling!
Also the fiber prevents those sugar rushes that can happen with juicing!
Benefits of Both
  • Removes toxins 
  • Provides clearer, glowing skin
  • Strengthens and helps grow hair
  • Gives more energy and better mood
  • Helps with allergies
  • Helps lose weight
Overall, I am definitely going to do both. Ideally, I want to make my smoothies in the morning as my breakfast, and juices with my lunch! (If I have time for making both each day). Remember juicers are more like a supplement, not a meal.
I hope this helps and encourages you to start juicing! You’ll see a huge difference in how you feel and look!
With Love,
Minou

No comments:

Post a Comment