Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Music- Flamenco with the Masters of Spain

SPAIN is one of the countries I have had the pleasure and opportunity of visiting on various occasions. It is also one of the few places I feel completely and utterly at home.


I really enjoy and am excited about its cuisine, art, landscape, architecture, lifestyle and culture. Every aspect is filled with invigorating PASSION and reflective simplicity. A country, where it is not unusual to have tapas at 2 o'clock in the morning, is an HEAVENLY proposition to me.


However, more than that, I feel a deep rooted CONNECTION to this land that I have yet taken the time to revel or fully COMPREHEND... I hope one day soon, I will.


Till that times comes, however, I wanted to share with you some of the music of Spain that I deeply enthralled with. 
FLAMENCO.


An intangible FORCE, this audibly RIVETING and visually STIMULATING style of music and dance, has been an expressive ECHO of story tales, passion, pain, STRENGTH, redemption and LOVE. The rhytmic steps of the dancers pounding on the floor, the gentle caressing movements of the fingers, the poignant body curves and TRANSPORTIVE voice of the singers and guitarist, is a MESMERIZING experience.


The following is a clip of a BULERIAS improvised performance of singers EL TURRONERO & CAMARON accompanied by guitarists PACO CEPERO and PACO DE LUCIA. Watch this ORGANIC and DYNAMIC performance as it adapts to the abilities of the talents, instrumentation, and mood of the MOMENT:




THE DANCERS


The amazing Carmen Amaya





Clip from the movie "Flamenco" by Carlos Saura



There is so much to discover about Flamenco and Spain!


You can also follow the life of famous flamenco singer Jose Monge Cruz, also known as Camaron de la Isla in the movie "Camarón" by Jaime Chavallari released in 2005. http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x49xc8_soy-gitano-camaron-bso-camaron_music

For more information about Spain or to plan a trip to the country please visit- http://www.spain.info/en_US/

I hope you enjoy, explore and SHARE!


With Love,


Minou

No comments:

Post a Comment